The end of the week can be a time for burn-out. For exhaustion. For phoning-it-in, because you just cannot anymore.
It’s time to stand up.
That’s not a metaphor. I really want you to stand up. Straight and tall. Like you mean it. (Don’t laugh, just do it. Trust me.)
Body language is about how others see us, but its also about how we see ourselves. Are you a hunched over, burned-out leader with nothing left to give?
Hell to the no.
There’s really something to this whole “fake it till you make it” thing. And part of that comes down to how you hold yourself. Don’t be afraid to take up space. Spread out and settle in. Because according to Amy Cuddy, how you present yourself can make all the difference — literally:
Sometimes, it can feel as though you have nothing left to give. But even in that lowest of low, you can still stand tall. Don’t get into the habit of demeaning yourself before you even get started. You’re better than that. You’re a sparkling, crazy bright firework. #ShineOn
A few more reasons to stand up and put yourself out there:
01. A visual guide to Amy Cuddy’s power poses
02. Surprising (and important!) things your body language is telling the world
03. The right moves to build trust
04. How to be instantly likeable, even when you feel like that crazy witch from Tangled
05. Trick yourself into crazy confidence (Ariana Grande, eat your heart out)